Spiced Chicken With Mint and Feta Quinoa
300 grams free range chicken tenderloins
80 grams green beans
60 grams baby rocket
50 grams Feta cheese
20 grams mint
1 tbsp Middle Eastern spice mix
0.75 cups quinoa
1.2 cups water
extra virgin olive oil*
white wine vinegar*
salt & pepper*
– toss chicken in spice mix and olive oil
– soak quinoa in cold water
– rinse mint
– rinse baby rocket
– rinse and trim green beans
1. Drain and rinse quinoa under cold water. Place in a large saucepan with water using a ratio 1.5 water to 1 quinoa. Bring to boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 13 to 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
2. To make dressing, squeeze juice from orange. Combine with olive oil, using a ratio of 3 parts oil to 1 part juice. Add a dash of vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
3. Heat an oiled, large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken and beans and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Turn off the heat, cover and rest in the pan.
4. Add mint, rocket and crumbled feta to quinoa. Toss gently.
5. Place quinoa mixture on a serving plate with a side of beans. Top with chicken and drizzle with the dressing.