Spiced Beef With Garlic White Bean Sauce
300 grams grass fed beef mince
200 grams cannellini beans
20 grams coriander
2 Lebanese eggplant
2 roma tomato
2 clove garlic
1 red onion
1 Lebanese cucumber
1 tbsp Middle Eastern spices
1 tbsp water
4 pita bread*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– peel and finely chop red onion
– wash and chop Lebanese eggplant
– wash and cut tomatoes into wedges
– wash and slice cucumber
– wash and remove leaves from coriander, finely chop stems
– drain and rinse cannellini beans
– peel and crush garlic
1. To make sauce, process lemon juice, beans, garlic, olive oil and plenty of salt & pepper in a food processor until smooth. Reserve half the lemon for wedges to serve.
2. Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add mince and spices in batches. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for about 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
3. Heat same oiled, frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, eggplant and coriander stems. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 to 6 minutes, or until browned. Return mince. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes, or until eggplant is tender.
4. Combine tomatoes, cucumbers and coriander with olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve with mince, sauce, pita bread and lemon wedges.