Honey Dijon Beef Tortilla
300 grams grass fed aged rump steak
80 grams cos lettuce
20 grams grated tasty cheese
6 el Cielo corn tortilla
1 tsp paprika
2 roma tomato
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 yellow capsicums
0.5 red onion
2 tbsp mayonnaise*
1 tsp honey*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt and pepper*
– rinse and thinly slice yellow capsicum
– peel and thinly slice red onion
– rinse and shred cos lettuce
– rinse and chop tomato
– combine mayonnaise, mustard and honey
1. Rub the steak with paprika and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add steak. Cook on one side until first signs of moisture appear. Turn once only. While cooking on the other side, test for cooking with the back of tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm. Remove. Stand, loosely covered with foil.
3. Heat olive oil in same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add capsicums and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes and then add tomato. Cook for another few minutes.
4. Wipe the pan clean with paper towel and heat the tortilla for 30 seconds on each side and wrap in a clean tea towel.
5. Slice beef and serve. Assemble your tortilla with a little bit of everything!