Stir-Fried Chilli Chicken with Corn and Snow Peas
300 grams free range chicken thigh fillets
200 grams sweet potato
60 grams snow peas
2 tbsp fried noodles
1 red chilli
1 corn cobs
1 cloves garlic
0.5 bunches broccolini
1 tsp brown sugar*
extra virgin olive oil*
– pop on a pot of salted water to boil
– remove husks from corn cobs
– thinly slice chicken thigh fillets
– peel and crush garlic
– deseed and finely chop red chillies
– rinse and trim broccolini
– rinse and trim snow peas
– peel sweet potato
1. Using a large sharp knife, carefully cut corn into 1cm-thick slices. Halve sweet potato and cut into same sized slices. Drop in the boiling water.
2. Toss chicken in olive oil in a bowl. Add garlic and half the finely chopped chillies. Toss well.
3. Heat a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Cook chicken in batches. Stir-fry chicken for about 3-5 minutes, or until browned and just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
4. Drain corn and sweet potato. Heat oil in same hot wok. Add corn, sweet potato and broccolini. Stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until broccolini is almost tender. Return chicken with snow peas, brown sugar and soy sauce. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until peas are tender.
5. Garnish with fried noodles and the remaining chilli.