Pork Scotch Fillet with Mustard Mushrooms
500 grams Desiree potatoes
300 grams free range pork medallion
150 grams mushrooms
100 grams green beans
60 grams baby spinach
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 cloves garlic
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
3 tbsp milk*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– remove rind from pork cutlets
– rinse and thinly slice mushrooms
– peel and crush and garlic
– peel and chop potatoes into 8
– rinse baby spinach leaves
1. To make spinach mashed potatoes, place potatoes in a stockpot. Half cover with salted water and bring to boil. Gently boil for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain and return potatoes to pan. Add milk and mash until smooth and then add spinach and stir until wilted.
2. Toss the pork with half a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add pork and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until tender and cooked to your taste. Remove and cover to keep warm.
4. Heat a little more olive oil in same frying pan. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in yoghurt and mustard. Season to taste.
5. Serve pork with spinach mash and mushrooms.