Warm Chicken, Lentil and Feta Salad
300 grams free range chicken breast fillets
200 grams brown lentils
100 grams cherry tomatoes
50 grams salad mix
50 grams Feta cheese
20 grams parsley
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
extra virgin olive oil*
– rinse salad mix
– wash and halve tomatoes
– drain and rinse brown lentils
– peel, halve and thinly slice red onions
– wash and coarsely chop parsley
– peel and crush garlic
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, on each side. Turn off the heat and rest in the pan, covered, to cook through.
2. To make dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard, olive oil and salt & pepper.
3. Combine lettuce, tomatoes, lentils, onion and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
4. Thickly slice chicken. Divide salad among four serving plates. Top with chicken and crumble over feta.