Lamb and Eggplant Massaman Curry
400 ml light coconut milk
300 grams lamb rump steaks
100 grams rice noodles
2 tbsp massaman curry paste
2 Lebanese eggplant
0.5 red onions
0.5 red capsicum
0.5 bunch broccolini
2 tbsp soy sauce*
extra virgin olive oil*
– pat lamb dry and toss in a little oil
– rinse eggplants, quarter lengthways and cut into 1cm slices
– peel and thickly slice red onions
– rinse broccolini, trim and cut into 5cm lengths
– rinse and chop capsicum
– pop a pan of water on to boil
1. Heat a large wok over a high heat until very hot. Add lamb in 300g batches. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until browned but not cooked. Remove.
2. Heat a little more oil in same hot wok. Add eggplant, capsicum and onion. Stir-fry for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add curry paste. Stir-fry for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
3. Add coconut milk. Bring to boil. Simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until eggplant and capsicum are tender. Return lamb to wok with any resting juices, soy sauce and broccolini. Simmer for 5 minutes more, or until lamb and broccolini are tender.
4. Meanwhile, drop noodles into boiling water and cook according to packet directions. Drain and divide noodles into bowls.
5. Serve curry over noodles.