Smoky Barbecue Lamb Skewers with corn and slaw
300 grams lamb rump steak
150 grams cabbage
2 tbsp grated parmesan
2 tsp smoky barbecue spices
2 corn cob
1 green spring onions
1 red capsicums
2 tbsp mayonnaise*
2 tsp honey*
1 tbsp soy sauce*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt and pepper*
1. Cover corn with water, cover and bring to the boil.
2. Toss lamb and capsicum with spice mix. Thread alternately onto skewers. Stir soy sauce into honey.
3. Heat an oiled, large grill plate over a medium to high heat. Cook skewers in batches, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Return skewers to grill. Brush with sauce mixture. Turn to coat. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
4. Combine lime juice and mayonnaise. Drain corn and spoon over some of the lime mayonnaise. Sprinkle with parmesan. Combine cabbage and onions in a separate bowl. Drizzle with the remaining mayo and season with salt & pepper.
5. Serve skewers with corn and slaw. Drizzle with remaining lime mayonnaise.