Lamb with Beetroot Salad and Basil Dressing
300 grams lamb rump steaks
60 grams rocket
20 grams basil leaves
2 tbsp grated parmesan
crusty bread to serve* (optional)
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– wash rocket
– wash and grate zucchini
– peel and grate beetroot and carrot
– wash basil and pick leaves
1. To make dressing, squeeze juice from lemon. Place in a blender with basil, parmesan olive oil, salt & pepper. Blend until smooth.
2. To make salad, arrange leaves on a serving plate. Mix the grated zucchini, carrot and beetroot and sprinkle over salad leaves.
3. Heat a large, oiled frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb in batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
4. Arrange lamb over salad. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with crusty bread (optional).