Chinese Barbecue Lamb
300 grams lamb rump steaks
100 grams egg noodles
60 grams snow peas
2 tbsp char siu sauce
2 green spring onions
1 red chilli
1 tsp Chinese five spice
0.5 bunch broccolini
2 tsp white vinegar*
2 tsp soy sauce*
extra virgin olive oil*
– pop a pan of water on to boil
– wash, trim and cut broccolini into 5cm lengths
– peel, halve lengthways and thinly slice carrots diagonally
– rinse, trim and diagonally halve snow peas
– rinse and thinly slice green spring onions diagonally
– chop chilli, deseed if you don’t like it hot
1. Cut lamb into 2cm strips. Rub with spice and a little oil
2. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb in 300g batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned and almost cooked. Return all lamb to pan with any resting juices and char siu sauce. Cook, stirring over a low heat until hot.
3. Meanwhile, boil the noodles for 3-4 minutes until tender.
4. Heat oil in a wok over a high heat until hot. Add broccolini and carrot with a splash of water. Stir- fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until almost tender. Add peas and onions. Stir-fry for 1 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Add noodles, wine and soy sauce. Stir-fry until hot.
5. Serve noodles topped with lamb and chilli.