Char Siu Pork with Udon Noodles
300 grams pork medallions
200 grams udon noodles
60 grams snow peas
2 tbsp char siu sauce
1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
1 cloves garlic
1 red capsicums
0.5 bunches baby bok choy
– pop a pan of water on to boil
– thickly slice pork scotch fillet steaks
– wash and thickly slice red capsicums
– wash, trim and halve snow peas diagonally
– wash and quarter baby bok choy lengthways
– peel and chop carrot into batons
– peel and crush garlic
1. Combine pork with spice and a little oil.
2. Boil noodles for 2 minutes until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
3. Heat oil in a wok over a high heat until hot. Add capsicums. Stir-fry for 1 minute, or until almost tender. Add peas, carrot, bok choy and garlic. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover to keep warm.
4. Heat same wok over high heat until hot. Add pork in 300g batches. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked. Return to wok with sauce. Stir-fry over a medium heat until hot.
5. Serve noodles topped with vegetables and pork.