Chinese Plum Pork and Cashew Stir-Fry
300 grams free range pork strips
2 green spring onions
2 tbsp plum sauce
2 tbsp roasted cashew nuts
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1 cups jasmine rice
0.5 red capsicum
0.5 bunches gai lan
0.5 bunches baby bok choy
extra virgin olive oil*
– wash and diagonally slice green spring onions
– wash and trim gai lan
– wash and trim bok choy
– wash and thinly slice red capsicum
1. Use ratio of 1.5 cups salted water to 1 cup rice. Add both to a saucepan and bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid, turn heat to low and cook for 14 minutes. Then stand covered for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork.
2. Toss pork with oil and spice in a large bowl.
3. Heat a large non-stick wok over a medium to high heat. Add pork and stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
4. Add whites of spring onions (reserving the green to garnish), bok choy, gai lan, capsicum and plum sauce to the wok. Stir-fry until vegetables are almost tender. Return pork to wok along with any resting juices. Stir-fry until hot.
5. Sprinkle with nuts and spring onion. Serve with rice. Season with a little soy sauce if needed.