Pork With Warm Brussels Sprout Salad
The ultimate winter veggie, brussel sprouts are often misunderstood. These nutritious little guys are bitter on the outside and super sweet on the inside – just peel off the tough outer layer to get to the good stuff!. Best served smothered in butter, we have gone one step further and added earthy walnuts and honey to give you a mouth watering sprout salad. Perfect with our juicy free range pork! Yum.
300 grams free range pork scotch fillet
300 grams chat potatoes
150 grams Brussels sprouts
100 grams green beans
2 tbsp walnuts
20 grams butter*
0.5 tsp honey*
2 tsp red wine vinegar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
1. Half cover potatoes with salted water, bring to the boil and cook for about 6 minutes until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
2. Boil sprouts for 4 minutes then add beans for a further 2 or 3 minutes until just tender. Drain well and cover to keep warm.
3. Heat an oiled non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add pork and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Melt butter with walnuts in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes, or until butter is browned, foaming and smells nutty. Immediately remove from heat. Stir in honey and vinegar. Season with salt & pepper.
5. Pour warm dressing over sprouts and beans. Toss well. Serve with potatoes and pork.