Spiced Cauliflower Brown Rice
If you’re looking for quick and easy this is just the thing. This tasty spiced cauli is bursting with flavour, but couldn’t be easier to whip up when you’re in a hurry. Delicious hot or cold – leftovers make for a great lunch on the go.
300 grams cauliflower
60 grams baby spinach
20 grams mint
2 yellow squash
2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp currants
1 cups brown rice
2 tsp red wine vinegar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
1. Use ratio of 2 cups water to 1 cup rice. Add both to a saucepan and bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid, turn heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stand covered for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, toss cauliflower and squash with curry powder, salt and pepper and olive oil in a roasting pan.
3. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until browned and tender. Remove. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
4. Add oil,vinegar and currants to hot roasting pan. Stir to combine with any spice mixture in pan. Pour over vegetables.
5. Add rice to vegetables with carrots and spinach. Stir through mint and serve.