Sirloin Steak Stroganoff with Sweet Potato Mash
500 grams sweet potato
300 grams grass fed aged beef sirloin steak
100 grams snow peas
100 grams mushrooms
20 grams parsley
2 tsp tomato paste
0.5 cup water
2 tbsp plain flour*
2 tbsp soy sauce*
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
20 grams butter*
salt & pepper*
extra virgin olive oil*
– thinly slice mushrooms
– wash and finely chop parsley
– wash and trim snow peas
– peel and chop sweet potato
– dust beef in flour seasoned with salt & pepper
1. To make mash, boil potato in a saucepan of water for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Coarsely mash. Add butter (or olive oil if you prefer). Stir over a medium heat until combined. Remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
2. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
3. Add mushrooms to same pan. Cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes, or until softened. Add tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, salt & pepper and a dash of water. Bring to boil. Reduce to medium heat. Stir in Greek yoghurt and parsley. Remove from heat.
4. Boil the kettle and then cover the snow peas with boiling water. Leave for a minute and drain.
5. Serve beef with sauce, mash and snow peas.