Salt and Pepper Tofu with Vegetable Noodles
Fire up the wok for this week’s salt and pepper tofu with noodles. This dish is fast, flavoursome and packed full of veg. Delicious soy egg noodles and crispy tofu will delight even the fussiest of meat eaters
300 grams firm tofu
100 grams dried egg noodles
2 green spring onions
1 red chilli
0.5 red capsicum
0.5 bunch broccolini
2 tbsp cornflour*
3 tbsp soy sauce*
1. Cut tofu into 1cm thick slices. Place slices between layers of absorbent kitchen paper. Press gently to remove any moisture.
2. Drop the noodles into the water and boil for 3-4 minutes until noodles have separated and are tender. Drain.
3. Heat an oiled wok over a high heat. Add spring onions and chilli. Stir-fry until softened. Remove and combine in a bowl with half the soy sauce.
4. Heat same oiled wok over a high heat. Add carrots, capsicum and broccolini. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until almost tender. Add noodles. Stir-fry until hot. Add the remaining soy sauce. Cover to keep warm.
5. Heat enough oil to cover base of a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Dust tofu in cornflour seasoned well with salt and pepper. Gently add to pan in batches of 4 to 6 pieces. Cook for about 1 minute, on each side, or until golden brown. Drain.
6. Serve tofu over noodles topped with spring onion mixture.