Haloumi and Vegetable Skewers with Quinoa
160 grams haloumi
100 grams button mushrooms
10 grams oregano
1 yellow or red capsicum
1 tbsp horseradish cream
1 cloves garlic
0.75 cups quinoa
0.5 red onions
6 bamboo skewers
1 tbsp white wine vinegar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– cut haloumi into 3cm cubes
– wash and thickly slice zucchini
– wash and cut capsicum into 3cm pieces
– peel and cut onion into 3cm pieces
– peel and crush garlic
– soak quinoa in cold water
1. To make dressing, combine horseradish, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Thread haloumi, zucchini, capsicums, onion and mushrooms alternately onto skewers. Brush with some of the dressing.
3. Drain the quinoa and tip into a pan with double the amount of salted water. Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed.
4. Heat a grill plate or frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add skewers. Cook, turning regularly, for about 8 to 10 minutes, until golden and tender.
5. Serve skewers over quinoa and scatter oregano leaves.