Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Pilaf
200 grams sweet potato
150 grams cauliflower
40 grams baby spinach
2 tbsp flaked almonds
2 tsp ground turmeric and cumin
1 cloves garlic
1 brown onion
1 cups basmati rice
0.5 red capsicums
20 grams butter*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt and pepper*
– peel and finely chop onion and garlic
– peel (optional) and grate sweet potato
– rinse and cut cauliflower into 2cm pieces
– rinse and finely chop red capsicums
– rinse baby spinach
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium to high heat. Add onion, garlic, sweet potato and cauliflower. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is soft.
2. Add rice, capsicum and spices. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Using ratio 1.5 water to 1 rice, add water and season well with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover pan with lid.
3. Simmer over a low heat for about 14 minutes. Check that the rice is tender. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes, gently separate grains with a fork and stir through spinach until wilted.
4. Serve pilaf sprinkled with almonds.