Peanut Beef Rice Noodles
300 grams grass fed aged beef rump steak
100 grams rice noodles
2 tbsp peanuts
1 spring onions
1 red chilli
0.5 bunch baby bok choy
2 tbsp soy sauce*
1 tsp brown sugar*
extra virgin olive oil* (or vegetable oil)
– pop a pan of water on to boil
– thinly slice beef rump
– peel carrots into ribbons
– rinse, trim and cut bunch choy sum into 5cm lengths
– rinse and thinly slice green spring onions diagonally
– cut half the lime into wedges
– finely chop chilli
1. Cook noodles in boiling water for 5-6 minutes, or until tender.
2. Heat an oiled wok over a high heat. Add beef in 150g batches. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, or until browned. Remove.
3. Heat same oiled wok over a high heat. Add carrot and bok choy stems. Stir-fry until stems are tender. Add onions and choy sum leaves. Stir-fry until wilted. Remove.
4. In a small food processor, or using a pestle and mortar, combine peanuts, juice from half the lime, soy sauce, chilli, sugar and a dash of water.
5. Cool wok slightly. Add peanut sauce and stir until combined and hot. Return beef and vegetables. Stir-fry until hot.
6. Serve noodles topped with beef and serve with lime wedges.