Orange and Olive Spanish Chicken and Beans
300 grams free range chicken breast
200 grams butter beans
100 grams cherry tomatoes
60 grams mixed salad
10 grams oregano
2 tbsp Kalamata olives
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 red capsicums
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– peel and chop eschalot
– wash and chop red capsicums
– wash and halve cherry tomatoes
– drain and rinse butter beans
– wash and coarsely chop oregano
– wash mixed salad leaves
1. Cut chicken in half lengthways. Cut diagonally into 1cm-wide slices. Toss with paprika and salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken (in batches if the pan is crowded). Cook, turning regularly, for about 2 minutes, or until browned and almost cooked. Remove.
3. Heat same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add eschalot and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden and tender.
4. Squeeze juice from orange. Add to pan with chicken, tomatoes, beans and olives. Simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and tomatoes are tender. Sprinkle with oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lettuce.