Balsamic Glazed Pork
350 grams chat potatoes
300 grams free range pork scotch fillet steaks
100 grams green beans
60 grams mixed salad leaves
1 Lebanese cucumber
2 tsp Dijon mustard
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– quarter cocktail potatoes
– wash rocket and spinach
– wash and trim green beans
– wash and chop cucumber
1. Half cover potatoes in salted water and bring to the boil. Place the beans over the saucepan in a steamer or sieve and cover with a lid. Cook for about 8 minutes until both are tender. Drain.
2. Brush steaks on both sides with combined oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat until hot. Add steaks and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Cover loosely with foil. Rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Squeeze lemon juice, combine with mustard and oil. Dress the salad leaves and cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat.
5. Serve steaks with potatoes, beans and salad.