Middle Eastern Lamb with Kale
300 grams lamb rump steaks
200 grams chickpeas
1 red capsicums
2 Roma tomatoes
1 tbsp Middle Eastern spices
2 cloves garlic
1 red onions
0.5 bunches kale
1 rounds Lebanese bread*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– peel and thinly slice red onions
– peel and crush garlic
– rinse and thickly slice red capsicums
– rinse, halve and chop zucchini
– remove stalks, rinse and roughly shred kale
– drain and rinse chickpeas
– rinse and chop tomatoes
1. Toss lamb in spice mix and olive oil in a large bowl.
2. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and rest, loosely covered with foil to keep warm.
3. Add olive oil to same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add capsicum, zucchini and kale. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes until just wilted. Add chickpeas and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir for a further 2 minutes.
4. Thinly slice lamb. Toss through kale mixture. Serve with Lebanese bread.