Lamb With Asparagus & Roast Sweet Potato
400 grams sweet potato
300 grams lamb rump steak
50 grams baby spinach
20 grams parsley
2 tbsp mango chutney
1 tsp ground cumin
0.5 bunches asparagus
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pre-heat oven to 220C
– peel and cut sweet potato into 2cm pieces
– wash baby spinach
– wash and finely chop parsley
1. Toss sweet potato with cumin and olive oil and spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook in oven for about 20 minutes until potato is tender. Take out of the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Combine with spinach until just wilted.
2. To make dressing, combine yoghurt with chutney and parsley. Season and stir in a little water to reach a pouring consistency.
3. Toss lamb and asparagus with olive oil and season well with salt & pepper.
4. Heat an grill plate or non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb and asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and rest the lamb loosely covered with foil.
5. Serve lamb and asparagus over potato and spinach. Drizzle with the dressing.