Smoky Barbecue Lamb Skewers with Corn
300 grams grass fed lamb rump steak
150 grams cabbage
6 bamboo skewers
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 spring onions
1 corn cobs
1 tbsp finely grated parmesan
1 red capsicums
2 tbsp mayonnaise*
1 tsp honey*
1 tsp soy sauce*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan of water on to boil
– cut lamb rump steak into 3cm pieces
– wash and cut red capsicums into 3cm pieces
– wash and finely shred cabbage
– wash and thinly slice green spring onions diagonally
– remove husks and silk from corn cobs, cut into four
– mix mayo and lime juice
– mix soy sauce and honey
1. Pop the corn carefully into the boiling water.
2. Toss lamb and capsicum with spice mix and olive oil. Thread evenly onto skewers.
3. Combine cabbage and onions in a separate bowl.
4. Heat an oiled, large grill plate over a medium to high heat. Cook skewers in batches, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Return skewers to grill. Brush with sauce mixture. Turn to coat. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
5. Remove corn, cool slightly and brush with some of the lime mayonnaise. Sprinkle with parmesan.
6. Serve skewers with corn and cabbage and drizzle with remaining lime mayonnaise.