Dukkah Chicken with Quinoa and Beetroot Salad
300 grams free range chicken breast fillets
100 grams cherry tomatoes
80 grams rocket
50 grams Feta cheese
1 tbsp dukkah
1 Lebanese cucumber
0.75 cup quinoa
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– soak quinoa in cold water
– peel and cut beetroot into 2cm wedges
– wash and halve cherry tomatoes
– wash wild rocket
– wash and chop cucumber
– zest lemon and cut half into wedges
1. Half cover beetroot with cold water, bring to the boil and cook for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
2. Drain quinoa and rinse under cold water. Add to a saucepan with ratio 1.5 water to 1 quinoa. Bring to boil, cover with a lid and cook for 16 minutes until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Meanwhile, cut horizontally through the breast to make 2 pieces. Toss chicken in dukkah and olive oil to evenly coat.
4. Heat a lightly oiled, large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Reduce heat to low. Cover with lid. Cook for a further 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway, or until cooked through. Remove. Cover loosely with foil, for 5 minutes.
5. Squeeze juice from lemon and whisk with olive oil, the zest and season with salt & pepper. Stir into quinoa, cover and set aside.
6. Gently stir warm beetroot, tomatoes, feta, cucumber and rocket through quinoa. Serve with chicken and lemon wedges.