Cheese, Zucchini and Corn Fritters with Tomato Sauce
250 grams large spiral pasta
100 grams haloumi
20 grams parsley
2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
1 corn cobs
1 cups tomato passata
2 heaped tbsp plain flour*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan of salted water on to boil
– wash and coarsely grate zucchini
– remove kernels from corn cobs
– wash and chop parsley
1. Stir flour, parmesan and eggs in a large bowl until well combined. Mixture will be thick. Stir in zucchini, corn, haloumi and chives. Season and mix well until combined.
2. Heat an oiled large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add a heaped tablespoon of mixture. Flatten slightly. Repeat to make five fritters. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture.
3. Meanwhile, boil pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain. Stir passata in a medium saucepan over a low heat until hot.
4. Serve pasta topped with sauce and fritters. Sprinkle with parsley.