Bacon And Cabbage Pearl Couscous Risotto
Treat yourself to a German-inspired feast this week with our mouth-watering bacon and cabbage risotto. Sizzling free range bacon and creamy couscous are flavoured with crispy sage and sweetly braised red cabbage. Dinner will be polished off before you can say ‘let’s eat’!
200 grams free range bacon
150 grams red cabbage
100 grams green beans
10 grams sage
1 cloves garlic
1 brown onion
1 cup pearl couscous
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
1. Add couscous to the boiling water and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Check that it’s tender and drain.
2. Meanwhile, add oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until soft. Add drained couscous.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring until browned and crisp. Add sage leaves. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Remove from pan.
4. Add cabbage with a dash of water to the bacon saucepan. Add beans. Stir for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until tender.
5. Stir cabbage mix into the couscous along with yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve topped with bacon and sage.