Salmon & Snow Pea Salad With Mustard Dill Vinaigrette
300 grams skin-on salmon fillets
100 grams green beans
80 grams snow peas^
80 grams baby cos lettuce
20 grams dill
2 tbsp croutons
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
^asparagus as pictured unavailable
– wash and trim snow peas, halve diagonally
– wash and trim beans, halve diagonally
– wash baby cos lettuce leaves
– wash and chop dill
– pat fish dry and season skin with salt and pepper
1. To make vinaigrette, combine lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, dill (reserving some for garnish), salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add snow peas and green beans. Cook, tossing in the pan occasionally until blistered and tender. Remove.
3. Add a little more oil to same hot pan. Add salmon skin side down, pressing down gently with a spatula so the skin stays in contact with the pan. Cook for about 7-8 minutes or until skin is crispy. Flip and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside to rest.
4. Remove the crispy skin and either break into pieces or chop. Flake the fish.
5. Combine lettuce leaves, warm salmon, asparagus, beans and croutons in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with dill sprigs and crispy skin. Drizzle with dressing.