Warm Chicken, Lentil and Feta Salad
300 grams free range chicken breast fillets
200 grams brown lentils
60 grams mixed salad leaves
50 grams Feta cheese
20 grams parsley
3 Roma tomato
1 cloves garlic
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– rinse salad mix
– wash and halve tomatoes
– drain and rinse brown lentils
– peel, halve and thinly slice eschalot
– wash and coarsely chop parsley
– peel and crush garlic
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, on each side. Turn off the heat and rest in the pan, covered, to cook through.
2. To make dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard, olive oil and salt & pepper. Use a ration of about 1 part lemon juice to 3 parts olive oil.
3. Combine lettuce, tomatoes, lentils, eschalot and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
4. Thickly slice chicken. Divide salad among four serving plates. Top with chicken and crumble over feta.