Curry Cauliflower Fritters with Coriander Salad
250 grams cauliflower
200 grams chickpeas
60 grams baby spinach
20 grams coriander
2 tbsp mango chutney
2 tbsp currants
2 tsp curry powder
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
0.5 cups self-raising flour*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan with a little salted water on to boil
– wash and cut cauliflower into small florets
– rinse baby spinach
– rinse and chop coriander
– peel and grate carrots
– drain and rinse chickpeas
– mix yoghurt with chutney
1. Place the cauliflower in the saucepan and cook, covered, for about 5 minutes until tender. Drain well, break into smaller pieces with a fork and cool slightly.
2. Whisk flour, curry powder, egg and a dash of water in a large bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cauliflower and coriander stems.
3. To make salad, combine spinach, chickpeas, grated carrot and currants in a large bowl. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. .
4. Heat enough oil in a large frying pan to shallow fry. Add 1⁄4 cup batter. Repeat to make four fritters. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, over a medium heat, or until browned and cooked. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Serve fritters with salad and combined yoghurt and chutney and scatter with coriander leaves.