Roast Tandoori Pumpkin With Onion Cashew Rice
Tandoori is the perfect flavour for winter, especially when it’s smothered all over velvety butternut pumpkin. Flavours of paprika, tumeric, cumin and coriander – and of course our spicy little friend cayenne pepper – are soaked up into basmati rice, rich cashew nuts and smooth Greek yoghurt. This dish is oh-so-warming and delicious!
400 grams butternut pumpkin
120 grams green beans
20 grams mint
2 tbsp tandoori paste
2 tbsp cashew nuts
1 cup basmati rice
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
1. Combine tandoori paste with half the yoghurt in a large bowl. Add pumpkin and salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place in a single layer on an oiled oven tray (use two trays when cooking for four or six).
2. Cook in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, make rice. Heat oil in a stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add cashews. Stir for 2 minutes until browned. Remove.
4. Use ratio of 1.5 cups salted water to 1 cup rice. Add both to a saucepan and bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid, turn heat to low and cook for 14 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stand covered for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork.
5. Meanwhile, boil beans in a little salted water for 5 minutes until tender. Drain. Stir mint into remaining yoghurt with a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Serve rice with onion, cashews, pumpkin, beans and yogurt.