Chicken and Pumpkin Quinoa Bowls
400 grams butternut pumpkin
300 grams free range chicken breast
50 grams Feta cheese
0.75 cup organic quinoa
1 tsp Cajun spices
1 cups water
1 corn cobs
extra virgin olive oil*
salt and pepper*
– pre-heat oven to 180C
– soak quinoa in cold water
– peel and cut Kent pumpkin into 2cm cubes
– remove husks and cut kernels from corn
– peel and finely chop eschalot
– peel and chop avocado
– cut lemon into wedges
1. Toss pumpkin with olive oil in a roasting pan. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine chicken with spice mix and olive oil.
3. Heat a large flameproof roasting pan over a high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 1 minute on each side until browned. Cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove. Thickly slice.
4. Drain quinoa and place in a large saucepan with double the volume of water. Bring to the boil and stir once before covering. Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes. Check the water is absorbed. Remove from heat, add corn and stand covered for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
5. Serve quinoa topped with pumpkin, chicken, eschalot, avocado and feta. Serve with lemon wedges.