Braised Balsamic Chicken
400 grams Desiree potatoes
300 grams free range chicken thigh fillets
250 ml water
120 grams green beans
10 grams thyme
1 red onion
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp stock powder
1 tsp plain flour*
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt and pepper*
1. Dust chicken lightly in seasoned flour. Reserve leftover flour.
2. Heat half the oil in a large stockpot over a high heat. Add chicken. and cook until browned on each side. Remove.
3. Heat remaining oil in same pan over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot and most of the thyme. Cook, stirring, for about 1 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Stir in paste and reserved flour. Return chicken to pot with stock and vinegar. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender and sauce is thickened. Season.
4. Meanwhile, half cover potato in cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook for about 4 minutes. Add beans for a further 4 minutes until tender.
5. Serve chicken and sauce over potatoes with beans. Garnish with remaining thyme.