Stir-Fried Chilli Chicken with Corn and Snow Peas
300 grams free range chicken thigh fillets
100 grams udon noodles
60 grams snow peas
1 corn cobs
1 cloves garlic
1 red chilli
0.5 bunches broccolini
2 tbsp soy sauce*
1 tsp brown sugar*
extra virgin olive oil*
– pop a pan of water on to boil
– slice chicken into thick strips
– remove husks from corn cobs
– peel and crush garlic
– finely chop long red chillies (deseed if you don’t like it hot!)
– wash and trim broccolini
– wash and trim snow peas
1. Using a large sharp knife, carefully cut corn into 1cm-thick slices. Boil for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Remove carefully with tongs and keep the water boiling.
2. Boil noodles according to packet directions. Drain.
3. Toss chicken in a little oil, garlic and half of the chopped chillies.
4. Heat a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Stir-fry chicken for about 4 minutes, or until browned and just cooked. Cook in batches if the pan is crowded. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
5. Heat a little oil in same hot wok. Add corn and broccolini. Stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until broccolini is almost tender. Return chicken with snow peas, soy sauce and brown sugar. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes and add noodles.
6. Garnish with thinly sliced chilli.