Braised Mexican Orange Chicken
300 grams free range chicken thigh fillets
300 grams baby potatoes
120 grams green beans
20 grams coriander
2 tbsp Mexican spices
1 red onions
0.5 red capsicums
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– wash and halve baby potatoes
– peel and chop red onions
– wash and chop coriander, keeping leaves and stems separate
– rinse and cut red capsicums into strips
– peel and thinly slice carrots
– rinse and trim green beans
– zest orange and squeeze juice
– pop a small pan with a little salted water on to boil
1. Half cover potatoes with salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and cover. Use the same saucepan and put a little salted water on to boil.
2. Heat olive oil in a flameproof roasting pan over a high heat. Add chicken in 300g batches. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove.
3. Heat olive oil in same pan over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicum and carrot. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
4. Add orange juice to pan with spice mix and coriander stems. Stir to combine. Return chicken to pan. Simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes. Add potatoes. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
5. Add beans to boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and toss in a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Serve chicken with beans, sprinkle with coriander leaves.