Pesto Chicken with Tomato, Zucchini Pasta Salad
300 grams chicken breast fillets
200 grams rigatoni pasta
100 grams cherry tomatoes
50 grams Feta cheese
20 grams basil
2 tbsp basil pesto
2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
1 tbsp red wine vinegar*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan of salted water on to boil
– peel zucchini into ribbons
– wash and pick leaves from basil
– wash cherry tomatoes
1. Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 10-11 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
2. Cut each chicken fillet horizontally in half through the side to give two thin pieces. Season.
3. To make dressing, blend half of the tomatoes in a blender with olive oil, vinegar and parmesan. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Heat an oiled, extra large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side, or until browned. Add combined pesto and a dash of water. Simmer until cooked.
5. Toss warm pasta with dressing, zucchini, feta, basil and remaining tomatoes. Serve pasta with chicken and season with salt & black pepper.