Almond Crusted Fish With Spinach Potatoes
Serve up a Pepper Leaf special gourmet fish and chips this week with this gorgeous ensemble. A nutty almond and panko crust on fresh wild-caught Port Phillip flake is the perfect pairing with our delicious garlic Desiree’s. Lip-smacking!
300 grams salmon fillet
300 grams Desiree potato
100 grams cherry tomatoes
100 grams English spinach
1 cloves garlic
0.5 cup panko breadcrumbs and almonds
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
1. Cover potatoes with salted water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook until tender. Drain. Keep warm
2. Meanwhile, make the crust. Bash the almonds in the bag or chop. Finely grate rind from lemon. Combine with almonds, panko crumbs, salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Reserve lemon, cut into wedges, to serve.
3. Place fish on an oiled oven tray. Divide crust over top, pressing on firmly. Arrange tomatoes around fish.
4. Cook in oven for about 12 – 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked and crust is browned.
5. Heat oil in same saucepan over a medium heat. Add spinach and garlic. Stir occasionally until just wilted. Add potatoes. Stir until hot. Season.
6. Serve fish with vegetables and lemon wedges.