Tuscan Steaks with Olive Avocado Salad
300 grams grass fed sirloin steaks
300 chat potatoes
60 grams baby spinach
50 grams Feta cheese
20 grams parsley
20 grams green olives
2 tsp Tuscan spice mix
1 Lebanese cucumber
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar*
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– quarter potatoes
– wash and dice cucumber
– peel and cut avocado into cubes
– wash spinach
– wash parsley, pick leaves and coarsely chop
– drain and halve green olives
1. Half cover potatoes with cold salted water and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes until tender. Drain and toss with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Rub both sides of steak with spice mix, salt and pepper and a little olive oil.
3. Heat an oiled, large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add steak in 300g batches. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until cooked to your liking. Test steaks for degree of doneness with the back of tongs. Rare feel soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm. Remove. Stand, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to make salad, place cucumbers, avocado, baby spinach, parsley, Feta cheese and olives in a large bowl. Dress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
5. Serve steaks with potatoes and salad.