Tuscan Lamb and Lentil Salad
300 grams lamb rump steaks
100 grams cherry tomatoes
30 grams parsley
1 tbsp Tuscan herbs
1 cup brown lentils
1 red onions
1 red capsicum
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan of water on to boil (don’t salt the water)
– peel, halve, and thinly slice onions
– rinse, halve lengthways and thinly slice zucchini
– rinse and chop capsicum
– soak lentils in cold water
– rinse tomatoes
– rinse and chop parsley
1. Add lentils to water with at least 3 cups water to 1 cup lentils. Turn heat to low, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes until lentils are just tender.
2. Place lamb, olive oil, herbs and salt & pepper in a bowl and toss to coat.
3. Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
4. Heat a little olive oil in the same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion, capsicum and zucchini. Cook, stirring, until just soft. Add lentils and tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Stir in most of the chopped parsley.
5. Serve warm lentil salad topped with lamb. Garnish with remaining parsley.