Lamb With Capsicum Arrabiata Penne
Arrabbiata sauce, or sugo all’arrabbiata in Italian, is a traditional spicy pasta sauce made from chilli, garlic and tomato. Here we have given it a sweet Pepper Leaf twist by infusing it with roasted capsicum and farm fresh zucchini. Pro tip: you may want some crusty bread to soak up all the goodness from your plate!
350 ml tomato passata
250 grams lamb rump steaks
250 grams penne
2 tbsp roasted capsicum
20 grams finely grated parmesan
1 red chilli
1 cloves garlic
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
1. Toss lamb and zucchini with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Boil pasta for 9-10 minutes. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
3. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, chilli and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until soft. 4. Add passata and capsicum. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir through pasta.
4. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and rest. Thickly slice.
5. Cook zucchini in same pan, stirring occasionally until golden and tender.
6. Serve pasta topped with lamb, zucchini and parmesan.