Steaks with Zucchini Salad and Garlic Potatoes
300 grams dry-aged sirloin steaks
300 grams chat potatoes
100 green beans
20 grams basil
20 grams finely grated parmesan
1 cloves garlic
1 tbsp slivered almonds
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– quarter potatoes
– peel and crush garlic
– peel zucchini into ribbons
– wash and shred basil
– wash, trim and halve beans
1. Half cover potatoes with cold salted water and bring to a boil over a medium to high heat. In a steaming basket or sieve, place the beans over the potatoes, cover and cook both for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Stand to dry.
2. Rub steaks with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Cook on a lightly oiled non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, for medium, or until steaks are cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic to a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Heat over a high heat moving garlic around the pan to avoid browning. Carefully add potatoes to avoid oil spattering. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
4. Place zucchini, beans, basil and parmesan in a bowl and squeeze over lemon juice. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper and toss well.
5. Serve steak with potatoes and salad. Sprinkle with almonds.