Sirloin Steak and Smashed Potato with Pesto Aioli
500 grams sweet potato
300 grams aged grass fed beef sirloin
60 grams snow peas
60 grams green beans
20 grams basil
1 cloves of garlic
30 grams butter*
3 tbsp milk*
2 cup mayonnaise*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pat steak dry, rub with oil and season
– wash and trim snow peas and beans
– peel and crush garlic
– peel and chop sweet potato
– peel and finely chop onion
– wash and finely chop basil
1. Place sweet potato in a saucepan. Cover with cold water, add salt and bring to boil. Boil until tender.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium to low heat. Add onion and half of the garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
3. Drain potatoes. Return to saucepan. Add onion mixture and a little milk. Season with salt and pepper. Mash coarsely. Cover to keep warm.
4. Heat a non stick frying pan over a high heat. Add steaks and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your taste. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
5. Put 1-2 cm of salted water on to boil in a small saucepan. Boil the beans for 3 minutes and then add the snow peas for 30 seconds or so and drain.
6. Stir mayonnaise, basil and remaining garlic together in a bowl. Serve steaks over mash with beans and snow peas. Spoon over pesto aioli.