Spanish Potato Omelette with Romesco Sauce
250 grams desiree potatoes
60 grams mixed salad
20 grams grated tasty cheese
2 tbsp roasted capsicums
2 tbsp almonds
1 cloves garlic
1 baby fennel
salt & pepper*
extra virgin olive oil*
– wash and grate potatoes
– wash, trim and finely slice fennel
– wash leeks well, trim and thinly slice
– peel and crush garlic
– wash mixed lettuce leaves
– preheat oven to 120C
1. Place potatoes in a saucepan, half cover with salted water and bring to the boil. Boil for 1 minute. Drain well through a sieve and return to pan.
2. To make romesco sauce, combine capsicum, almonds, olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook leek and garlic until soft. Stir into potato. Remove and divide into ‘per person’ portions. Crack two of the eggs into a medium bowl. Whisk with a fork. Stir in one portion of the potato mixture. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Heat olive oil in same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add egg mixture. Spread evenly. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until almost set in the middle. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold in half. Transfer to an oven tray to keep warm.
5. Repeat with remaining eggs, potato mixture and cheese to make 1 omelette per person. Toss the salad leaves and baby fennel with a squeeze of lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve omelette with salad and romesco sauce.