Salmon with Zucchini and Capsicum Couscous
300 grams Atlantic salmon
60 grams rocket
2 tbsp capsicum strips
1 spring onions
1 cups couscous
1 cups water
0.5 Lebanese cucumber
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– rinse, half zucchini lengthways and thinly slice diagonally
– drain, rinse and finely chop roasted red capsicum strips
– wash and dry rocket
– wash and chop cucumber
– rinse and chop spring onion
– peel and chop eschalot
1. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Cut into 2cm chunks.
2. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add salmon and eschalot. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove. Loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe pan clean.
3. Fry the whites of spring onion, zucchini and capsicum in a little oil for 2- 3 minutes. Add measured water and bring to boil. Stir in couscous and remove from heat. Cover the pan and stand for 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Season well with salt & pepper and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Gently stir salmon through couscous. Top with green spring onion. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve with cheeks cut from lemons and season with salt and pepper.