Pork Medallion with Braised Puy Lentils
300 grams free range pork medallion
120 grams green beans
5 grams thyme
0.75 cup puy lentils
0.5 bunches broccolini
2 cups water
salt & pepper*
extra virgin olive oil*
– soak lentils in cold water
– wash leeks thoroughly, trim and thinly slice
– peel and finely chop carrots
– rinse thyme
– rinse green beans
– rinse thyme, reserve some for garnish
– wash and trim broccolini
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over a high heat. Add leek, carrot and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until leek is soft.
2. Add water, lentils and a good dash of vinegar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover with lid. Gently boil for about 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add pork. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
4. Boil beans and broccolini in a little salted water for 4- 5 minutes until tender.
5. Serve pork with lentils, beans and broccolini. Garnish with reserved thyme sprigs.