Piri Piri Lamb Skewers with Celery Salad
300 grams lamb rump
60 grams salad mix
20 grams parsley
6 bamboo skewers
2 tsp piri piri spice mix
2 celery stalks
1 red capsicum
1 cup couscous
1 cup water
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil*
2 tsp red wine vinegar*
salt & pepper*
– cut lamb into strips with a very sharp knife
– soak wooden skewers
– wash and finely chop red capsicums
– peel and grate carrots
– wash celery and thinly slice diagonally
– wash salad mix
– wash parsley, pick leaves and chop
1. Rub lamb with spice mix and a dash of olive oil. Thread onto skewers.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add capsicum and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add water, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate.
3. Meanwhile, heat an oiled grill plate or frying pan (or barbecue) over a medium heat. Add skewers. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
4. To make dressing, combine yoghurt, oil and vinegar and season.
5. Divide combined celery and and parsley among serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with couscous and lamb skewers.