Greek Lamb Sausages with Mint and Currant Couscous
4 grass fed lamb sausages
80 grams green beans
20 grams mint
2 tbsp currants
1 tbsp Greek spice mix
1 cups water
1 cups couscous
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– rinse and thinly slice mint
– measure the water and pop it on to boil with the lid on
– wash zucchini and cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
– dilute yoghurt with a little lemon juice, water, salt & pepper
– trim green beans and cut into 2cm
1. Heat a lightly oiled, large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add sausages and cook, turning occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until cooked. Remove. Thickly slice diagonally.
2. While the sausages cook, add beans to boiling water for 2-3 minutes still covered, then add couscous and spice mix. Stir well and cover again with lid. Stand for 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
3. While the couscous stands, grate rind from lemon. Squeeze juice from lemon. Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in rind and juice and a little olive oil.
4. Make a zucchini side salad by tossing the ribbons with a little olive oil and lemon juice. Season well with salt & pepper.
5. Combine couscous, mint, currants and sausages in a large bowl. Mix well. Drizzle with yoghurt and serve with zucchini salad.