Pan-Fried Fish with Dill Gremolata, Beans and Potatoes
300 grams wild caught blue grenadier
400 grams chat potatoes
100 grams green beans
10 grams dill
1 spring onions
1 dill cucumbers
20 grams butter*
2 tbsp plain flour*
salt & pepper*
– wash and quarter potatoes
– wash and trim green beans
– wash chop dill
– wash lemon, grate zest, and juice
– wash and thinly slice green spring onions
– finely chop dill cucumbers
1. Half cover potatoes with salted water, bring to the boil, cover and cook for about 7 minutes, until tender. Add the beans in the last 3 minutes. Drain.
2. To make dill gremolata, combine lemon juice and zest in a small bowl with spring onion, dill, cucumber and olive oil. Mix well. Taste and season with salt & pepper.
3. Score the skin side of the fish with a sharp knife a few times. Toss the fish in flour seasoned well with salt and pepper. Shake off excess.
4. Heat butter and oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add fish skin side down pressing down for 10 seconds. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on the skin side. Flip and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Serve fish with potatoes and beans. Sprinkle over dill gremolata.