Mustard Beef Shnitzel with Cheese Polenta
300 grams grass fed beef schnitzel
120 grams green beans
10 grams oregano
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
1 cloves garlic
1 cups polenta
0.5 bunch broccolini
30 grams butter*
1.5 cups milk*
1.5 cups water
salt and pepper*
extra virgin olive oil*
– rinse and trim green beans and broccolini
– rinse, remove leaves and finely chop oregano
– peel and crush garlic
– pop a small pot with a little salted water on to boil
1. Combine mustard, oregano and garlic in a large bowl. Add veal, season well with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
2. Measure the milk and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. When the milk and water is boiling, gradually pour in polenta, whisking to combine. Continue whisking over a medium to high heat for about 2 to 4 minutes, or until thickened. Whisk in butter and parmesan until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
3. Add beans and broccolini to the small pan of boiling water and cook, covered, for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and toss in a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Heat an oiled, large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add veal in 300g batches. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until veal is just cooked.
5. Serve veal with polenta, broccolini and beans.