Marmalade-Glazed Pork with Steamed Greens and Rice
300 grams free range pork loin medallion
80 grams snow peas
10 grams ginger
1 cups jasmine rice
1 tbsp marmalade
0.5 bunch baby bok choy
2 tsp vinegar*
2 tsp soy sauce*
1 tsp brown sugar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– rinse and trim pork loin steaks
– wash and trim bok choy
– wash and trim snow peas
– peel and finely grate ginger
1. Use ratio of 1.5 cups water to 1 cup rice. Add both to a saucepan and bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid, turn heat to low and cook for 14 minutes. Then stand covered for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork
2. Meanwhile to make the glaze, combine marmalade, ginger, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce.
3. Toss pork with oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add pork in 300g batches. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add glaze to same pan. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Return pork. Turn to coat. Remove from heat.
5. Cover bok choy and snow peas with boiling water from the kettle, stand for a minute and drain.
6. Serve pork with greens and rice.